Friday, August 22, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 214

-Today is another nice day in St. John's. The skies are clear and the
temperatures comfortable. I have even heard that such weather is
supposed to continue for the next several days.

-As I was walking to work this morning I noticed a van with
police-like lights drive past. As the van was quite clearly not a
police van I was a little curious about why it had the light set-up.

Moments after these thoughts passed through my head I noticed that the
van had pulled over just ahead of me and that two uniformed men were
helping a third man from the van. Once I got a better look at the
uniforms and the third man I realized that I was observing some kind
of prisoner transfer. Eventually I was able to see the shackles that
were being used to restrict the man's movement.

My first thought was the group was likely going to the local law
office, though they walked right past the door. Soon after reaching
the next door they turned around and returned to the law office. Once
the reached the door of the law office they found that it was locked.

Just as they were learning that they wouldn't be able to make it into
the law office I was far enough along that I could no longer see what
was happening. Though it isn't really all that important, I really
wonder what the two guards did with their prisoner until the law
office opened, particularly as the van had driven away, thus taking
away the possibility of a return to the van.

-Mike and Josh hosted trivia at Bitters last night. To continue my
run of close calls I convinced the team to help me go for a tie for
second. Luckily, in the last moments of several rounds, we changed
our answers so that they would be incorrect, thus enabling us to
successfully achieve our goal.

-On Wednesday I woke up with a vicious sore throat. It seems that
this sore throat has now transformed itself into a full-blown cold
(with free cough). I guess this shouldn't really surprise me as I
have been keeping busy and getting less sleep than I would like.
Hopefully this won't last too long and will clear up by the time I
head to Halifax.

-Our Ultimate team has another playoff game tomorrow morning. We will
be playing a team that we defeated several weeks ago. The only
problem that we might face, aside from the other team, is that we are
going to be missing a pretty large number of players. Not even having
enough to field a full team is a possibility.

No comments: