Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 206

-We have had rain and overcast skies again today. My understanding is that this type of weather is to continue tomorrow.

-The Royal St. John's Regatta did not go ahead today because rain and wind were forecast. The idea is to have it tomorrow, but that could be postponed again if the weather is as bad as forecast.

My understanding is that the Regatta would then be held next week, skipping Friday, so that a long weekend wouldn't be created.

-Last night I went to a friend's place of residence just outside of town. Once in the building I learned that it had previously been used to film a local television show. Apparently what is now the workshop was one set while the kitchen was used as the kitchen on the show. To my great disappointment, my suggestion to turn the building into a museum dedicated to the show likely won't be acted upon.

-I wonder if I should start reducing the number of carrots that I consume each day. I worry that if I don't drop down to below 3-4 a day I will burn out and be unable to eat carrots again for a number of years.

The problem that I am facing is that I don't have access to a reasonably priced replacement vegetable . Furthermore, the other vegetables that are available tend to be of a lower quality.

-As of about half an hour ago the Memorial University of Newfoundland Libraries webpage changed drastically. The new scheme is much more reminiscent of the main MUN page than the old library webpage was. Hopefully I will be able to easily find all of the things that I use on a regular basis.

No comments: