Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 215

-Today Halifax, just like the recent past, has been particularly humid, though not particularly hot. Sadly, the humidity, even without the heat, seems to create conditions ideal for one to sweat excessively. Hopefully things will turn around soon and I will actually be able to see the sky and sun.

-It seems that Keith Urban is playing in Halifax. Though we saw the set-up for this concert the day before yesterday I was completely taken by surprise when I heard and saw the ordeal today during one of our many shopping excursions. Not only was the concert quite audible from several blocks away, the music (presumably the opening acts) was much more unpleasant than I would have imagined. Hopefully the people in the surrounding areas aren't to affected by the show.

-I am in the midst of making chicken noodle soup for dinner. I am really looking forward to this as it will be my first food of the day. Somehow I keep managing to forget to eat.

-Maybe after dinner I will get around to making bread, something I have been wanting to do since I arrived. I think what may have prevented me from doing it already is that I forgot my large stainless steel bread bowl. This has really thrown me off kilter more than I would have expected.

-Not surprisingly I have already managed to run into someone from St. John's. It happened this morning while Neil and I were doing some shopping at the Farmer's Market. More impressive than running into an acquaintance from town was that he was only in town for a short period of time and that this was just a short stop on his way home. Anyway, I expect such things to continue to happen in Halifax as that is the type of city that this place seems to be.

No comments: