Sunday, September 07, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 219

-While there was a fair bit of rain this morning, we don't seem to have received the drenching that was predicted. As far as I am concerned this is absolutely fine because in the past few weeks we have had more rain and humidity than I think was necessary.

-This evening we will be having pot roast for dinner I am quite looking forward to the meal as beef, potatoes, carrots, and gravy are some of my favourite foods, and this is one of my favourite way to have have these foods prepared.

-I finally took the time to unpack my printer and organize my desk. These changes to my room and study space should help me get down to work in the coming days. In particular hooking my printer up will be important as many of my readings are from computer files that I will likely need to print.

-This morning Neil and I installed a few items in the kitchen.

The first item we installed was a new under-cabinet halogen lamp. The idea is that this lamp will provide light for the kitchen sink and some of the surrounding areas. As things were before this area was a little short on light, making it hard to always doing a good job of washing the dishes.

On the wall just behind the sink we installed a spice rack. Due to the location of the spice rack it is able to benefit from the newly installed light also. The main benefit of the spice rack is that we now have our spices in a location that doesn't require us to bend down and reach in to an awkwardly designed cupboard. Hopefully this installation will make using spices much easier.

-Many of the plants are still doing quite well. The corn and beans are still the tallest, though neither type of plant is anywhere ready to begin producing fruit.

Just a few days ago both types of pepper began to sprout. This surprised me as it took much less time than I expected. The other thing that surprised me about this is that many more of the seeds germinated than I expected. Hopefully these plants will continue to exceed my expectations in the coming weeks and months.

The thyme is still showing signs of trouble. Most the original sprouts have died off, though at least one is still alive. Fortunately a few new seeds have started to show signs of life, giving me how that with a change to the location of the pot I might be able to bring things around to a more positive direction.

No comments: