Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 221

-While today has been overcast the rain that I was expecting seems not to have arrived. In many ways I wouldn't really have minded rain as I haven't really gone outside much and I don't plan on doing so.

-Yesterday while Neil, Rebecca, I were at the local farmer's market I was able to buy some onions and celery and a bay tree. The tree, if it manages to survive the winter, should eventually provide me with more bay leaves then I can possibly use. Neil's major purchase was a bottle of Glen Breton, a locally produced single malt whiskey. Neil has been following this company and their products since he heard about the problems they ran into when they tried to call their product a 'scotch.'

-I have spent substantial portions of today and yesterday reading. If things go as planned this evening this trend will continue. Actually, some of my effort may have to be moved over to writing as well as acquiring electronic versions of articles.

Presumably tomorrow will be quite similar to today.

-This morning I made a loaf of banana bread. While I wasn't able to use the recipe I used in the past I was pleased with the results. Neil and I both found that the resulting loaf, while less dense than normal, had a pretty typical banana flavour.

-Moments ago I learned that both of the nearby grocery stores close by 6:00 PM on Sundays. I wish I had known this a little earlier in the day as I would have then been able to head out to buy some food for dinner. As it stands now I will be forced to either sink to eating leftovers or to throw something together based on the odds and ends that are presently available to me.

-We now have a new chair in our living room. The new chair is a deep red upholstered 'tub chair.' So far all three of us are quite pleased with the purchase, particularly that it seems to work quite nicely with our recently acquired ottoman.

No comments: