Thursday, September 18, 2008

Useful wikiHow articles

A few days ago Rebecca asked if Neil and I would mind if she hosted a baby shower for a friend of hers at our apartment. Not surprisingly, neither Neil nor I had any objections. The question the thought of a baby shower did raise related to which games would be played by the expectant mother and the other participants.

Rebecca was quick to inform me that neither she nor the mother-to-be had all that much interest in playing traditional baby shower games. Unfortunately, even though Rebecca took a very decisive stance, I haven't been able to get the idea of baby shower games off of my mind, particularly those that involve red bras and diapers.

So to get where I am trying to go with this, today, as has been happening recently, I brought up the baby shower game topic. Again I was reminded that games weren't in the cards. In response I suggested that we check wikiHow to see how they recommended a baby shower should be run, and if this somewhat authoritative source suggested games that such games be included.

I was quickly able to find the relevant wikiHow article and able to ascertain that they do in fact recommend games (though the games that they do recommend were even a bit much for me). Anyway, once I was on the wikiHow site I started to a little surfing and eventually came a across a few helpful articles, including the following:

How to be a sex kitten like Brigette Bardot

How to make a diaper wreath

How to attract the opposite sex (This article starts by suggesting that one needs to go out in public to meet people. It goes on to suggest that you need to be a 'self-actualized' person. The article concludes with a series of tips, such as the following: "Avoid buying tight clothes. You want to look cute, not like a stuffed burrito.)

How to date a stripper

How to lead addicting party games

For those of you that are curious, they have removed the article "How to have sex" as it apparently contravened their terms of use.

No comments: