Monday, September 29, 2008

A Few Quick Notes 226

-While it did rain for some period of time yesterday evening, it was certainly much less time than I expected. On the other hand, the wind did blow rather aggressively for a number of hours, giving me at least some sense that I was experiencing a storm, and to give Halifax credit, the tree held up much better than trees in Montreal would have. I haven't seen a evidence of any branches, even twigs, being taken down by the storm (in Montreal almost any wind brought down all kinds of branches). I should note that just because the storm wasn't as impressive as I was led to believe it would be that doesn't mean it is nice here. Things are still relatively overcast, though generally calm, and a touch warmer than I want.

-For the past few days I have been working hard on a project for my comparative theory course. While I am at all enamoured with the subject of the topic, structuralist Marxism, I am glad to know that I will soon have completed the written portion of the assignment, and that by Thursday the presentation portion will be complete (though I am still not sure how I will present the material).

-Some corn that I planted a few days ago has sprouted. As questionable a proposition as the first batch of corn was, I can only imagine that corn planted later in the year has an even lower chance of success. Amazingly, it seems have have grown several centimeters since this morning.

-The plan is to have roast beef for dinner tonight. I guess I should probably think about putting that in the oven if I want to eat before 8:00 PM tonight. The other part of the plan is to have leek and potato soup (we have some leeks that we need to cook).

No comments: