Monday, March 14, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 520

-Much to my surprise, today was incredibly nippy. The wind just had a way of working it's way through my three coats and into my bones. Sadly, it seems that we may be in for some more of the same tomorrow.

-I have dropped to 3 for 16 in this years RUTRTW contest. Apparently I haven't been bringing my A game to the table for about a week. I guess it is about time that I started picking things up, especially if I want to win Neil a car (I am hoping I will get a Karma assist if I try to win for someone other than myself).

-We had our first play-off game in Ultimate this past Saturday. Unfortunate our team managed to lose by four points. That being said, I am not sure if any of us had particularly bad games. I think we just failed to play well as a team. Due to an upcoming trip to sunny PEI I will be missing our game next Saturday.

-I have been regularly following the Guardian's recent post-quake/tsunami live-blogs . I really like the way that they bring together stories and developments. One of the things to which they have pointed me is a series of before and after satellite images that effectively demonstrate the amount of damage experienced by some coastal regions in Japan.

-They seem to have received another shipment of pomelos at one of the local grocery stores. I bought four. I hope to have consumed at least two by the time I go to sleep tonight.