Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 524

-Contrary to what is being reported by Environment Canada, we are actually working our way through another beautiful day in Halifax. Sadly, things are expected to take a turn towards the rain tomorrow.

-I am now down to 4 for 29 on this year's RUTRTW. So even if I pick up a win on my next cup I will average at best (or something like that).

-I went for my first post talk meal today. I am really pleased to have finally been invited to tag along with faculty members and the guest speaker for a post-talk meal. This seems like a strange rite of passage in the world of graduate studies, and I am glad to have finally achieved it. This invitation was particularly good as the speaker in question studies some things that interest me, so it was good to be introduced to her as I will likely be checking out more of her work in the future.

-The election is ongoing but I still haven't heard of any big public rallies that I might be able to attend to hear party leaders or candidates speak. It is almost as though this form of campaigning is a thing of the past. I would have imagined that making speeches to the public might be something that at least a few of the party leaders would be interested in.

-I should get back to transcribing. It would be nice to put in a few hours before getting down to studying, and if I want this to happen I have to get back to transcribing.

No comments: