Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fun stuff on the interwebs

A few days ago I became aware of International Coffee Organization, an IGO dedicated to the coffee trade. Not only does this organization involve itself in the international coffee trade, it also provides all kinds of information about the coffee and the coffee industry. If you are a coffee drinker they likely have information that is is worth checking out.

Just this afternoon I became aware of the fact that the Canadian government, though Public Works and Government Services Canada, operates an online auction site through which all kinds of goods are sold. While they claim vehicle sales are what they are best known for, they currently have a wide range of women's undergarments and designer apparel available for purchase. Oh, and they also have a Rolex and some jewellery for sale, along with surplus military attire. This

And because they are in the midst of their annual MaxFunDrive I should probably encourage everyone to check out the great free content that is available through Maximumfun.org. In particular, mainly because I haven't mentioned it here before, I should direct your attention to their newest podcast, Judge John Hodgman. Except as they relate to matters of style, Hodgman's 'rulings' are always insightful, eloquent, and persuasive.

Update: Shortly after I finished this post I saw that my friend Nicole posted about the fact that Life's photo archive is now available through Google. Anyway, this is another "Fun stuff on the interwebs" that I recently discovered and that I think is worth checking out.

No comments: