Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 522

-Today has been a pretty nice day so far. Actually, it was even almost warm enough that a jacket wasn't necessary. Sadly, we are supposed to head towards snow this evening.

-I am now down to a measly 4 for 27 in this year's RUTRTW contest. This is definitely a disappointing performance.

-We played our final Ultimate game of the season tonight. Not surprisingly we managed to lose. Aside from the uneven score the game was actually pretty fun to play. As I won't be playing in the upcoming Spring leagues I suspect the next time I will be playing is this Summer.

-A few days ago I went to the hospital for a routine x-ray. As usual, I was one of the youngest people in the waiting room.

-It seems that we will soon be facing a 33% increase in our laundry prices. Bummer. Overall we have seen a 60% increase in prices since we moved in a few years ago. Things are definitely not heading in the right direction on this front.

-I had to give a lecture on Thursday. While the lecture was ongoing I couldn't really tell how it was going, for the most part the students seemed pretty non-responsive. Fortunately, two students came up to talk to me after the class about the subjects covered in the lecture. This suggests that at least a few people got something from the experience, which is comforting and pleasing.

-It seems that we are now officially in election mode in Canada. Jeannette, Rebecca, and I watched the confidence vote yesterday and Neil, Rebecca, and I watched the coverage of Harper's trip to Rideau Hall this morning. On our way from Ultimate Jeannette and I spotted re-election signs for Megan Leslie (given that they were re-election signs it is clear that they weren't just left-overs from the last election).

No comments: