Monday, March 28, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 523

-Though chilly, today has been pretty beautiful. Actually, the light dusting of snow that we received at some point last night really added to the effect and made things look clean and crisp.

-I am now down to 4 for 28 in this year's RUTRTW contest. Things are definitely in the gutter now. At this rate it seems unlikely that I will even break even, let alone do better than average.

-The Canadian election campaign is definitely in full swing. As of yet I haven't heard about any major events in Halifax, though I am sure that they will come up eventually. I guess I would ideally find a way to see at least a few of the party leaders give speeches, though that may be hopeful as I sense that many of these things are for partisan audiences rather than the public (and then broadcast in snippet form on the nightly news).

-Tomorrow I will be heading in to campus for another public lecture. I am really looking forward to the talk as the presenter will likely be addressing a few issues that interest me and that I think are generally under-examined in Canada.

-Now that Ultimate is over for a few weeks I will have to find a way to engage in some physical activity. Maybe I will be able to convince Neil or Jeannette to play some squash with me.

1 comment:

Neil said...

There is a 1 in 6 chance that you'll be doing above average after your next cup, which is the same as the chance that you would be doing above average after your first cup.