Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back in Halifax

As Cameron has informed you I arrived safely back in Halifax yesterday. The city appears to be fine and also happens to be totally snow-free. Both Rebecca's and my apartments are still here and in good shape. The maintenance guys came in and left one of Rebecca's lights on costing her what I estimate to be $2. I have a new roommate whose name I believe to be Mark. He's a fourth year mechanical engineering student from Cape Breton. He seems like he'll be a fine roommate. Our apartment now has a TV and George Foreman grill. The downside of this is that Rebecca can't borrow one of the two couches from my room.

I don't really have any new year's resolutions, but I am going to try to blog more. To paraphrase my Uncle, "my blogger was busted" in December (and maybe longer).

My school schedule is pretty open as of yet. I am taking one class, Functional Analysis, from 8:35 - 9:55 TR. I am again working in the Learning Centre for seven hours. Those hours will be set tomorrow. After that I'll do up a nice .pdf schedule and post it for all to see. This semester I'm really supposed to be going hard at research. I'm looking forward to it, but I'll really need to buckle down because I want to have lots done by the end of the semester.

My most prized Christmas gift is the Canon PowerShot A630 (digital camera) I got from my parents (I mention the model mostly for Graham's sake). For the average Montifax blog reader, this just means you are likely to see an increase in pics from me.

We all know the bread and butter is this blog is mundane details and stories of thriftiness, so I feel I should let you know I'm planning a trip to the mall (Halifax Shopping Centre) here very shortly, so that I can hit up the calendar store for discounted games (especially a Go board). I've been planning this since early December. I'm mostly sure that if Go is there it will be cheap because the store is probably packing up after this weekend.

Now I'm off to clean up and head to school. My first DAGS meeting of the semester is today. Yay free pizza!

P.S. After finishing the previous line I spellchecked to see if I had typed roomate instead of roommate (as I tend to do). I had done so once, but more importantly Google flagged the word blog and the word blogger. I can't believe they haven't added those yet. I don't think I'll send them an email about it because I know they are reading what I've typed anyway.

No comments: