Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Texas sheet cake 2

Yesterday was Rebecca's birthday. As part of our spending quality time together during the evening, she helped me make a texas sheet cake. I first tried to make a texas sheet cake in the fall and it didn't work out as well as I had hoped; I have entitled this post to indicate this (and/or to copy Cameron's numbering). In the fall I deemed that one of the problems was the pan, so I bought a new one; I also decided doing dishes while making the icing and thus burning it was a bad idea. This time it mostly worked out well. The cake is rather flat, so it works best with a level oven, however (using my magnetic level from Santa Claus) I determined that my oven is off-level in multiple directions. Hence, my cake is taller on one half, but it still tastes good.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

The cake was delicious. Good job!

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Poker Chips