Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 44

-Another overcast and rainy day in St. John’s. Though the evening’s raindrops were not that large they did seem to be effective, soaking me on a short trip. It seems that any snow that we did have will be gone in the very near future.

-Montreal is scheduled to be nice and warm, 11 c, by the time I get back. I am not really sure what to make of this warm weather. It seems that this may be even warmer than what I experienced in England. I may have to bring my bike down again.

-Several days ago I was finally able to have some penetrating oil purchased on my behalf. This product in conjunction with a proper wrench should help me remove my peggle once I return.

-Just moments ago I read a newspaper article by a professor of mine that indicated that Newfoundland and Quebec poorest funded public library systems, at least as of 2005 or so. Having lived in both provinces I don’t find this surprising, and it is even less surprising when learned that a small Saskatchewan town of 500 has a public library with more than one employee (I know that I should be providing a full citation but I don’t have the energy at this juncture, if anyone wants I can get them the details).

-Neil arrived back in Halifax today. It seems that he has not had the time to make a post alerting his faithful readers of this fact.

-Someone in my house seems to have misplaced my copy of Saddam’s obit. This is rather unfortunate, I had been hoping to read it as well as examine the associated pictures.

-My pigeon video keeps getting viewers for some reason. Each day I find that it has one or two new views. While it isn’t quite at the top of the YouTube charts it is clearly my most popular video with over 40 views.

-Hopefully the Christmas hiatus will be coming to an end with my return to Montreal. It is my hope to create some kind of quarterly report, though I might find that I won’t have the time for such frivolous pursuits once the term starts.

No comments: