Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 47

-Today has been a little cooler in temperature than other days, though still by no means as cold as it normally would be at this time of year. Amazingly, Environment Canada has a record high temperature for this day that is about 8 degrees higher than today. This source does indicate that the normal temperature range would be between -5 to -15.

We will see if the temperature drops as it has been predicted to do.

-Classes started yesterday. The down side so far is that I will have group projects in both classes that I have had. Hopefully I will get some good partners, making the whole process much better.

The first class, Collection Development, was quite nice. The instructor introduced the class and the topic and finished in an hour and a half, not pushing the limit of what was capable on the first day.

-The free copies of the Gazette are back at the gym. This should save me a few dollars a week. It is actually going to be a bit odd getting back into Montreal news after being away for a few weeks.

-McGill has failed to release all of my grades still. Apparently someone forgot to upload the last set of grades, only noticing yesterday. For some reason even though this problem was noticed yesterday yet it will not be corrected until today at the earliest.

-Last night, just after 5:00 PM, I received a call from my boss. He was wondering if I would be coming in to work. My response was that I didn’t think so as I wasn’t on the schedule the last time that I checked. With him on the phone I checked again and again found that he I was not on the schedule. Somehow he had intended to give me the shift but actually put someone else on the schedule. The other person didn’t show up for the shift (as they had class) but likely had already run the change by our boss.

As I already had plans for the evening I wasn’t able to go in and work. I have been wondering what happened. Who ever they got to work must have started on the late side of normal, hopefully this didn’t cause too many problems though.

Anyway, it sounds as though this will now be my normal shift in addition to my Friday shift.

No comments: