Sunday, January 07, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 46

-Today was another beautiful day in Montreal. Though it was a little cool and slightly windy, the sun was out and shining nicely. It seems that over the next few days were are forecast to have some cooler temperatures.

-I was able to make it out today, the main reason was to head to a local office supply store to pick up things for my classes. At about 10:30 I arrived in the train station, the location of the store, and learned that it was still closed and not scheduled to open until 12:00.

After this initial disappointment I returned to my part of town and went to the library and returned a movie I borrowed the day before. I spent a few more minutes checking my email and eventually thought that I had blown enough time so that the store might be open.

When I returned to the train station the store was still closed, though the clock was showing that it was scheduled to open in a two minutes, I decided to stick it out. While they were a few minutes late in their opening the wait was not bad. I was in and out with the desired products in just a few minutes.

-My term starts tomorrow. One very nice part of this term is that not all of my classes are early in the morning. The downside is that the two morning courses that I do have are the ones that I am not as interested in. It would be nice to have these courses in the afternoon when I would be able to do a better job paying attention.

-The more I deal with it the less I like the McGill computer accounting system. As far as I can tell it is not really automated and up to date. Hopefully everything will be fine with my account by Monday, though I should likely give them a call before class.

-Hopefully my free papers will be back this year. I will have to check tomorrow morning before class.

No comments: