Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 51

-We finally got a real snowfall, according to CBC it was in the range of 20 cm. On top of this the temperature has remained below -10 and is supposed to stay there for at least today and tomorrow. Actually, tomorrow it is supposed to go even lower, though not quite as low as was predicted a few days ago.

-The snowfall meant that while I was at work last night I had to do a few shoveling checks. By the time I was at work the main problem was not new accumulation but rather blowing and drifting. Fortunately, much shoveling had been done during the day so that my rounds were really just clean up jobs.

-Today is laundry day. Since I returned from my trip home I have had more clothing and been able to allow myself to go a longer period of time between washes. In the long run this isn’t really a great situation. My ideal is to have about 7 or 8 days of clothes and then wash what I am not wearing on the last day. Right now I have much more than this and have been able to go a good number of days without doing any laundry.

The big problem with this practice is the storage of dirty clothes. My apartment is so small, and made smaller by having my bike inside, that I don’t really have the extra room that this habit is taking.

-The free book box is back.

Already this year I have been able to pick up a half dozen or so books.

-There should be another YouTube clip coming in the near future. This one was taken yesterday during the midst of the snowfall. As I was filming the snow falling a woman in front of me, and in the frame, wiped out on some snow covered ice. I felt a bit awkward but as far enough away that I couldn’t have been of any real help even if I hadn’t been filming it (as you will see in the video).

-Aside from the previously mentioned shoveling, my night at work was pretty dead. The snow seems to have driven all of the customers away. For the last hour or so of the evening we didn’t have a single customer. Hopefully it will be a bit busier in the coming weeks.

No comments: