Saturday, January 13, 2007

A Few Quick Notes 50

-The temperature dropped rather rapidly between early this morning and about 11:00 AM. As I was walking home from work it was still above freezing and by the time I went out to pick up my paper it was well below freezing. With my window open just a crack my room is freezing. A quick glance at the forecast indicates that this trend is supposed to develop with temperatures going as low as -28 by Wednesday. If this prediction comes true this may be the coldest temperature that I have ever experienced, and possibly a sense of the Montreal winter that I was promised by so many.

-Last night’s version of the House Warming party at Thomson House was pretty busy, though not quite comparable to Halloween in terms of numbers and energy. While there were DJs and dancing the numbers participating in these activities was somewhat disappointing. It seemed that much of the action happened in the main lobby and that people failed to even spill over into the adjoining rooms.

One odd element of the night is that there 5 or 6 people from Newfoundland there, including one person with whom I went to high school and had heard was in Montreal. I was actually able to hook two of these groups up, something that lead to an extended discussion.

-The bookstore still does not have one of the books that I need. Shortly after this discovery I decided that I would head over to the library and start using the reserve copy, which has only recently been made available.

-Our shower is definitely an odd experience with the new showerhead. It is pretty powerful and manages to move a huge amount of air.

No comments: