Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 496

-After some early morning snow and slush today turned out to be a rather nice winter's day. Though it was cold this evening, the air was clear and the were sidewalks relatively dry.

-We managed to win our Ultimate game last night. This was a particularly impressive feat for two reasons. Firstly, because we were short females we had to pick one up from another team, which meant that we had to take a 7 point penalty. Secondly, even with our extra female player we only had two females, meaning that they didn't have any substitutes during the game. Hopefully we play as well next week.

(Update: Jeannette was upset that I did not mention that she was one of the two female player mentioned above. Both of these players played hard the entire game and score many of our points. Jeannette has suggested, and I agree, that she likely scored about one third of our points.)

-I have managed to do a fair bit of studying this weekend, which is good as my first comp is just around the corner.

-Our salad diet is still going strong. Furthermore, for the first time in my life I have also been doing a good job of integrating fruit into my diet. Actually, I may be over doing it on the fruit front, though this will likely come back into line now that one of the great citrus sales of the year has ended.

-I guess I should get back to work. The Durham Report awaits me.

2 comments:

Peter said...

The Durham Report sounds like a John Grisham novel.

Cameron said...

Except drier and more interested in race wars/the eradication of the French (and he uses such aggressive language).

Actually, considering that it is a government document from the mid-1800s it is surprisingly readable.