Sunday, April 03, 2011

Campaign Events

In just a few minutes I will be heading out to attend the first Canadian election campaign rally/event that I have ever attended. Neil and I will be attending some kind of event with Michael Ignatieff and local candidates at the hotel across the street from our apartment. We will be attending as interested observers rather than as Liberal partisans

For years I have been curious to know what kinds of things go on at these events as I have only ever seen them the snippets that are played on nightly newscasts. Given my long-term interest in these events I thought it would be ridiculous to turn up the chance to attend such an event when it is held only a two minute walk away from my place of residence.

Given that today was the day the Liberal's launched their platform I presume they will be mentioning it and maybe even given away copies. I presume that we will also be in for at least a few political speeches of varying lengths and qualities. I guess ideally we would get to witness at least one truly rousing speech - though that may be a bit of a long shot.

Amazingly, if I had been on top of things, I could have actually had my first political rally/event experience yesterday at an NDP thing in Dartmouth. Unfortunately, I didn't find out about the event until about an hour before it was to start. Maybe if I hear about another such event I will have to try to attend.

Hopefully I will be able to provide an update later tonight.

1 comment:

Haven said...

Nice site.Thank you...........