Thursday, April 21, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 535

-We had the pleasure of watching rain fall for most of the day today. Apparently we may have a thunderstorm tonight.

-On Monday Jeannette and I finally got around to trading our Newfoundland drivers' licenses in for Nova Scotia licenses. After a little searching online I was able to learn that students in Nova Scotia are able to exchange their out-of-province licenses for Nova Scotia licenses for a reduced fee. Of course, when I called Access Nova Scotia to figure out the documents I would need to bring with me the person I spoke to was completely unfamiliar with the option. Only after he went to the section of the website with the pertinent details did he believe me that this was an option. Soon after we arrived at the Access Nova Scotia location in Dartmouth we learned that a number of the staff working the service counters were also unfamiliar with the option (which was $50 cheaper than the next cheapest option). Fortunately, after communicating with their supervisors the desk workers were able to provide us with the licenses we requested.

I was really amazed that so many Access Nova Scotia employees would be unfamiliar with this option, particularly given the number of students currently residing in Nova Scotia.

-We had some barbecued burgers for dinner tonight. I made some buns to accompany the burgers.

-Another Bruce Carson story hit today. This story suggests that at least one person in the Prime Minister's office raised a few ethics concerns relating to Carson over the past few years. I also got the sense that a few of the letters mentioned in this story may have been released and might be available in the near future. In many ways I am surprised that this story hasn't caused more of a splash than it has.

No comments: