Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 531

-We had the pleasure of having another beautiful day today. It seems that the first part of this week isn't supposed to be quite as nice as this weekend was.

-I am now 5 for 33 for this year's RUTRTW contest. Maybe not surprisingly, all of the 5 prizes have been been free coffees.

-This weekend I was again able to take advantage of the fact that our building has not yet increased the laundry prices as promised. I am quite happy that the promised price increase has not yet been implemented, though this impending doom of the price change is a little nerve-wracking.

-A few days ago it became clear that one of the two local grocery stores has stopped carrying pate. This seems a strange development as they had been carrying a number of varieties until a few weeks ago and because the other store is continuing to carry a number of varieties. What I can't figure out is why this change would have happened at this particular moment in time.

-A few days ago I saw a CBC story about a local sexual assault that had a pretty distrubing line.

The woman told police she recognized him as the same stranger who had touched her three times previously in similar incidents.

How is it that similar attacks have happened to the same woman three times?

-Gilles Duceppe seems to have requested a time change for the French language debate from Thursday to Wednesday because of a scheduling conflict - with a NHL hockey game.


Though I get the sense that at least a few of the other parties aren't opposed to such a change, I haven't heard if the change will actually be approved.

Update: Neil just informed me that the debate has in fact been changed and will now be taking place on Wednesday.

-Neil and I traded haircuts this afternoon.

No comments: