Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Update

This morning we all woke up to find that the Easter Bunny did in fact manage to find us and provide us with unhealthy treats. So far I have only managed to eat a single Kinder egg, it definitely seems like more than enough candy for one day (I have no idea how I will manage to consume the treats still in my basket).

Shortly after examining our baskets and playing our Easter Bingo scratch cards we moved to our holiday morning breakfast, which seems to have been enjoyed by all.

Almost immediately after breakfast I started preparing food for tonight's meal/feast. Part way through the process I realized that I was missing a key ingredient. Fortunately we were able to get the missing ingredient from a friend/neighbour/guest so everything should be as expected for the meal.

Almost as soon as I started working on the food Neil undertook an apartment-wide cleaning mission assigned to him by Rebecca. I have to say, things are looking pretty good a few hours in.

Now that most of the good is ready and the apartment cleaning almost complete I finally have the chance to sit down and use my computer for an extended period (meaning long enough to make this post). What I should probably be doing with this time instead of posting is studying, so I guess that is what I will do as soon as I complete this post.

5 comments:

Greg said...

what was the missing ingredient?

Cameron said...

Lentils - for the lentil stew (we are having a few vegetarians over who won't be consuming any turkey).

I left it out of the post because it was a kind of underwhelming ingredient.

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

ahh!

We had tofurky with mushroom gravy for dinner. It was quite good actually.

Cameron said...

Had I known that you guys were going vegetarian I might not have been so inclined to mask the lentils.