Friday, April 22, 2011

A Few Quick Notes 536

-Today turned out to be a pretty nice day. I guess it was fitting for Earth Day.

-Today,for the first time in quite a while, I took an afternoon nap - it was great.

-I made some chili for dinner tonight.

-As Easter is fast approaching I will soon need to start work on my Easter bread baking project. As things stand right now I will likely be taking care of most of this baking tomorrow afternoon or evening.

-Today was an advance polling day in the current Canadian election. Based on polling station reports from Neil and Rebecca and comments I have seen on Twitter I get the sense that these events were well attended. Actually, I am curious if we will ever see exactly how many people voted this way and if the numbers were higher than in past years when the advance polling day happened on a not-holiday.

-Actually, the more I think about it the more I think that voting day should be a holiday/non-work day. Such a change might also provide Canada Post of being a little more useful in terms of collecting special ballots on the final day of the election.

No comments: