Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Campaign Literature

We are now exactly one week from the end of this campaign period and our apartment has still not received a single piece of campaign literature or a visit from any of the local campaigns. How can this be? Are none of the parties interested in our votes/feedback?

I have also noticed that I have only seen any of this district's candidates at the various leaders' events that I have attended this campaign period. That being said, these events have provided me with opportunities to see all candidates from the major parties with the exception of the Conservative - an individual that I still haven't laid eyes on.

On a related note, just recently I realized that I don't think that Harper and the Conservatives have yet had a major campaign rally in Halifax or Nova Scotia. I have to imagine that the last week of the campaign won't be when they decided to dial up their efforts in Halifax.

Anyway, all of this to say that I don't think that it would be fair to say that Halifax has really been a battleground area this time around. I guess depending on how well the NDP do in this election this area may be a little bit more of a key area in the next election.

No comments: