Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Few Quick Notes 43

-In the past 24 hours the temperature has really risen in St. John’s. Yesterday at about this time it was almost -10, and now it is just about 0. The forecast is predicting that it will hover at about this or a slightly lower temperature for the next few days.

In Montreal they are in the midst of a freezing rain warning. Such events have a history of causing serious problems in the areas. Earlier this year freezing rain brought down all kinds of trees and branches, knocking out people’s power for days.

-Yesterday I went skating for the first time in a few years. It was a strange feeling to be back on skates after a multi-year absence. The up side was that I learned that my skates needed to be sharpened, the downside was that I did not figure this out until I was on the ice.

My current plan is to take my skates back to Montreal so that I can go skating in the various ice rinks that are built around the city, particularly the one that is located in the Old Port of Montreal. This rink in particular is impressive when it is all open, skaters have access to a huge ice surface.

-Today is New Years Eve.

-I finally got around to getting some contact info for a few friends of mine. The nice thing was that in one instance I was actually able to talk to my friend rather than just getting his phone number.

-Sorry about the slow down in posting over the Christmas season. This should be rectified upon my return to Montreal. It is likely that Neil will still post less than his fair share once he returns to Halifax.

No comments: