Tuesday, May 04, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 423

-After several days of sub-par weather today has been quite beautiful. The skies have been quite clear and the temperature almost perfect (meaning the low to mid twenties). Unfortunately, we seem likely to switch back to somewhat overcast/rainy and cooler weather in the coming days. What a bummer.

-On Friday night Peter and I attended the Old Man Luedecke concert at the Rebecca Cohn Auditorium. Unfortunately, as both of us were somewhat tired we managed to sleep through portions of most of the songs in the first half of the show. Fortunately, due to an intermission sugar hit, we were able to wake up for the second half of the show.

-Part of the justification for my renewed absence from the blog this past weekend was that I was helping two friends move. On Friday I helped Peter get his things out of residence. We then stashed quite a number of his belongings in my closet for the summer. On Saturday and Sunday I helped another friend move, a move which first required us to do some shopping and cleaning. Anyway, it was definitely a busy weekend as far as moving was concerned.

-Neil and Rebecca will be returning from their trip to Regina this evening. I am hoping to have the apartment in order and food freshly prepared for their return. Hopefully I don't get too lazy between now and then.

-A few days ago I walked into our laundry room to find one of the components of the coin injection part of washing machine on the floor. It was immediately clear that this washing machine was definitely going to be out of order. Unfortunately, several days have passed and the washing machine is still out of order. Though this wouldn't normally be too much of a problem, not having access to two washing machines has definitely slowed down some of my washing attempts. I really hope that they will get around to having this fixed in the very near future. That the machine is out of commission is particularly frustrating as I know that the washing component of the machine is still fully functional (as I have seen it in use over the past few days).

-After a few weeks of failing to read my newspapers very thoroughly, it has been great to finally get back to my daily newspaper habit. I am hoping that in the coming days I might even be able to catch up on a few unread obituaries that piled up over the past year and a half.

No comments: