Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 429

-Thus far today has been beautiful. As far as I know, things should be similar for the rest of the day.

-For about a year I have been a little frustrated that the small propane cylinders that our barbeque requires cost about $5.00 apiece (the price doesn't even drop much when you buy them in packs of three). This cost problem, and the fact that our barbeque would frequently blow out, lead me to the idea of a charcoal barbeque.

This weekend I finally got around to buying my first low-end charcoal barbeque. While my first use was somewhat less than satisfactory (I didn't really have the coals properly lit), I was able to have a much more satisfactory experience last night. Unfortunately, I am now quite keen to use the barbeque but I have a few things that I should cook that aren't barbeque friendly.

Anyway, I am quite pleased with our new barbeque and am looking forward to using it frequently as the summer progresses.

-I am presently in the midst of making some hamburger buns. My plan is to use these buns to help me consume a few of the extra hamburgers that I cooked with my new barbeque.

-Last night I barbequed some pollock. Though I have likely had pollock before in one form or another, I was pretty pleased with this fish (particularly given its cost). I imagine that not only will I be frequently barbequing but also frequently consuming pollock.

-Thus far my recently transplanted plants seem to be doing well. I am really hoping that today's sun will be particularly good for them.

No comments: