Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 430

-We are in the midst of an almost perfect day in Halifax. Presently it is about 20 degrees and sunny with a slight, but not overpowering, breeze. Though I haven't spent too much time outside today, I have been able to make at least a few brief trips outdoors.

-I think that I am finally starting to get the hang of my new charcoal barbeque. Last night I was able to get it going and not have it blow-out part way through the cooking process. Actually, I think that, if anything, my current problem is getting it a little to hot (which leads to burning on the outside before things cook on the inside). I am hoping to take another crack at it tonight when by using it to cook some chicken (I really should get started on this chicken).

-Yesterday I took advantage of a club soda sale and picked up 12 2 liter bottles at 66 cents each. Today I decided to go back with hopes of acquiring a similar number of bottles. Unfortunately they only had 5 bottles. What a bummer. The real bummer is that as this is only a three day sale I don't imagine that they will have any more before the sale ends tomorrow.

-Last night we had a few friends over to play poker. After some remarkably bad playing on my behalf I happened upon a particularly luck streak and managed to win our tournament. This unexpected and undeserved win likely means that I am now coming close to again being a life-time winner.

-If all goes as planned, I, and a few friends, will be volunteering at a water station along this year's Blue Nose Marathon course. Neil and Rebecca had such a good time doing this last year that I was motivated to volunteer this year.

No comments: