Friday, May 07, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 425

-Today was another beautiful day in Halifax, if a bit windy.

-It seems that since yesterday quite a number of the seeds I planted earlier this week have started to sprout. Hopefully they will soon grow large enough for me to identify what it is they are (as I forgot to label the pots). I am also hoping that things stay sunny enough to encourage more sprouting.

-My sense of things is that yesterday's British election did not produce a decisive result. I am quite curious to see how the situation will be resolved and who will end up being the British prime minister.

-I am preparing pork tenderloin for dinner tonight. Instead of cooking in red wine, as is my usual approach, I coated it in a garlic and thyme concoction.

-Today I baked a relatively large batch of bread. I ended up with five loaves and 9 rolls. According to Neil and Rebecca it is edible, though I haven't yet tasted any (though I do plan on serving the rolls with dinner).

-Today wasn't a particularly productive day for me, hopefully things will pick up tomorrow.

No comments: