Monday, May 31, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 433

-When I woke up this morning I didn't have particularly high hopes for today's weather, but things seem to have turned out nicely. Presently it is quite bright, if not particularly warm or windless.

-As mentioned in the last post, Neil and I helped some friends move on Saturday afternoon. For the most part things went very well. The friends we were helping were very organized and had boxed basically everything that needed to be boxed by the time we got there, allowing us to focus our efforts on lifting and hauling.

That being said, there was one slight problem. The couch that they were moving was quite large and could not be easily brought into the new apartment. We first tried to go through the front door. This was an abysmal failure that at one point caused me to be trapped between the couch and the inside of the front door and for us to put a 1 cm dent in the front hall wall. After what felt like 30 minutes we eventually removed the from the front hall and decided to try going through the side door.

Going in through the side door meant that once the couch was through the first door way we had to spin it in two different directions and then move it in the kitchen. Once we had it in the kitchen we again had to spin it a few times to prepare it to make it through the next to doorways. Unfortunately, part way through the process we also learned that the refrigerator needed to be moved to the other side of the kitchen (the fridge didn't seem to have particularly functional wheels). I would guess that the whole process took the better part of an hour and a half. In many ways, if it hadn't been for this couch it might have seemed that this move was just too easy.

-For quite a number of hours today our neighbours in the apartment directly above us have been making all kinds of banging noises. At first I thought they might be moving something, now, after several hours of a range of noises, I have no idea what is going on. I guess I should be thankful that it isn't another day during which they spend several hours vacuuming.

-I think that we are going to have tacos for dinner tonight and that I am going to make tortillas for the meal. I guess if I want this to happen at any reasonable time I should get started on the food preparation process.

No comments: