Thursday, May 13, 2010

Summer in the Library

On Tuesday I accompanied my friend Jeannette to the library while she looked for a book for a course she is taking this summer. After our unsuccessful hunt for the book (which made me feel like less of a librarian) we made our way to the stairs to exit the library. On our way out we took the stairs down from the fourth floor to the second floor whereupon we entered the new periodicals/computer area. Upon I was taken somewhat aback by the numerous stacks of periodicals on the floor and desks. As we continued further into the room it became clear that the library was in midst of a major reorganization or re-shelving project.

While I was immediately inclined to take a photo of the room, which I found quite impressive, I did not have my camera with me. Fortunately Jeannette had her cellphone and its attached camera. Thus she was able to take a series of photos of the room (subsequently she created this impressive panoramic image of the room).



I am tempted to go back either tonight or in the coming days to see what kind of progress they are able to make with this project. I am curious to see how long the new periodical section will be out of commission?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the deal with the GIS Centre at the left end of the stitched panorama?

Cameron said...

I don't know.