Monday, May 10, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 426

-Though some of the past few days have been nice, it seems that today has been largely overcast (though not yet rainy). Unfortunately, it seems that this weather is expected to stay until at least tomorrow (though this wasn't what yesterday's forecast predicted for Tuesday).

-It seems that Twitter experienced a few problems today. It seems that the first problem was that one could 'force' others to follow them followed by a second problem that made it look as though everyone had lost their followers and those that they follow. Shortly after my attention was drawn to the problem I read a BBC story that explained what was going on. By the time I went back to get a closer look at the situation it appeared to have been resolved. Of course what has not yet been satisfactorily resolved is why I might want a Twitter account (aside from it being of use when I want to feel like a cool kid).

-Actually, I probably shouldn't crap on Twitter so much. Just this afternoon, because I follow the Nova Scotia House of Assembly's Twitter feed, I was reminded that the legislature is in session and that the public is free to attend. So if all goes well I will try to make it to at least some of today's sitting, though I don't imagine that I will really need to spend all that much time there to get a general sense of how things work (though based on a quick assessment of the Order Paper I do get a sense that it works slightly differently than the Newfoundland House of Assembly).

-While it seems that the Brits have not quite figured out who the next prime minister will be it is clear that it won't be Gordon Brown as he made it clear this afternoon that he will be resigning.

-A few days ago I purchased a few bamboo steamers.



I am looking forward to breaking them in with some shark steaks and vegetables tonight.

-On Friday night Neil, Rebecca, Jeannette, and I took a trip to my favourite rock throwing beach.



After a relatively passionate rock throwing session we made our way back to downtown Halifax before sunset (though it may not look like it in the picture included above).

-It seems that my relatively passionate and long rock throwing session on Friday evening did have some consequences, other than reducing the number of beach stones available to future rock throwers. It seems that I must have over-exerted my right elbow and shoulder so much that when I tried to play squash on Sunday I was able to handle only a very short session (during which I was worse than normal). Hopefully everything will be back in shape by Wednesday, as that is when I am scheduled to play next.

No comments: