Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 428

-Today has been passable but not particularly nice. Fortunately, aside from a few showers, there hasn't been much precipitation.

-Last night I 'hosted' a poli sci graduate student event at a local pub. Though I don't know if it is fair to go so far as to say that it was a rousing success, I do feel that I might generally consider it a success (meaning that I wasn't the only poli sci grad student in attendance). Additionally, I was quite pleased to speak to a few friends I haven't really seen in the past few weeks.

-This afternoon Neil and I played a few games of squash. For some reason, though I frequently raced out to a substantial lead, I managed to lose the first few games to Neil. Fortunately, by the end of our session I was coming around and able to hold on long enough to secure the victory.

-For dinner last night I tried to cook the Puerto Rican plantain-based dish mofongo. While the resulting dish was edible, I am pretty sure that the dish is supposed to be better than what I ended up with. I guess those I cook for may have the misfortune of me re-trying this dish in the coming weeks to try and improve the outcome.

-On Thursday evening Andrew and I re-potted quite a number of the seedlings that we have been growing for the past few weeks. Based on the gangliness of the tomato plants I suspect that we likely left the re-potting for a few too many weeks. I am hoping that the tomatoes and herbs will toughen up so that I can soon transfer them to our balcony.

-In other balcony garden news, I moved a few of the been plants outside and installed some garden netting and string. I am hoping that, like last year, I will be able to get some of the bean plants to climb around the balcony.

No comments: