Sunday, November 28, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 479

-Amazingly, today's forecast today seems to be lining up with reality quite nicely. Fortunately, this has meant that the day so far has been quite nice. Hopefully I will get to experience a little bit of this weather in person.

-We played our second indoor Ultimate game of the season last night. While we didn't win, we did play a much better game than we did last week. Actually, had it not been for our poor showing in the first half we would have won (meaning that we outscored them in the second half). Hopefully We will be able to play as well or better next week.

-I made a batch of bran muffins for breakfast this morning. While the flavour is fine, they definitely aren't quite as three-dimensional as I might have liked.

-Just a few minutes ago I placed an order with an Canadian online bookstore. What amazes me about these orders is the amount of time that it takes for these companies to get the goods to their customers. When I lived in New York seven years ago Barnes and Noble was able to offer same-day delivery to addresses in Manhattan and pretty speedy delivery to other addresses in the US. What's up with Canada's much slower delivery times?

-I made another dairy and tomato free pizza last night. Actually, it would have even been vegan had I not topped it with pepperoni and turkey. I was pretty pleased with the outcome, though I think that by eating it all I overindulged.

-Apparently there is a yurt company in Wolfville. Not only will they rent or sell you a yurt, they are also willing to teach you how to build your own yurt.

No comments: