Monday, February 20, 2012

Back in the saddle (in more ways than one)

Some of you may have been inclined to think that my paucity of blog posts meant that I had given up on this year's blog-off.  The reality could be nothing further than the truth - I am still in it to win it this year (even if Neil doesn't seem interested in taking his usual late surge approach).

My failure to post was nothing more than a few days worth of pre-existing obligations trumping blogging.  And while I would like to say that I live in a world where blog-offs would always come first, it seems that at least from time to time this isn't the case.

Anyway, it has also been a few days since I've had the chance/need to bake bread.

The loaf I am making today is based around some "12 grain" flour I purchased yesterday.  As I was trying to rush the preparation process this morning I didn't really cut this flour with regular flour, so the resulting loaf may be a bit heavy on the multi-grain aspect.


As you can seen in the above photo, there's so much millet it seems to be coming out of the dough (maybe millet doesn't like being smashed up next to sunflower seeds?).  At least it still looks edible?

Cameron: 29
Neil: 0

1 comment:

Greg said...

I've seen better bread at subway.