Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Few Quick Notes 564

-While I was expecting be faced with either the rain or snow when I woke up this morning, instead what we got was just a little wind.  I wonder if Sackville is getting any of the 10 to 15 cm of snow/ice pellets they were expecting?

-I think I am not 1 for 5 in this years RUTRTW contest.  As I am only giving this whole thing a half-hearted attempt I am not surprised with such results.

-Oh, and even though we didn't really have that much rain or snow it seems that close to 2000 are without power in the area.  I can't help but wonder how this is possible.  Maybe a branch landed on something and broke it?

-While waiting for someone to stop by and pick something up this morning I decided to make some banana bread.  Of course part way through the process I remembered that we were out of regular flour.   So I now have a loaf of whole wheat banana bread cooling in the kitchen.  Yum?

-About two nights ago I went to my local grocery store and discovered that they were selling some kind of super pomello that must be close to twice as large as a normal pomello.


The problem with this picture is that it is hard to grasp exactly how big this piece of fruit was.  Maybe you can see that it is positioned in front of a microwave and that it's as tall as the control panel?  Anyway, eating this thing was not a one-sitting feat.

Cameron: 34
Neil: 0

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

We got some freezing rain and ice pellets early this morning, but it has stopped. We are getting cRaZy wind. Neil and I almost blew away outside.

Cameron said...

We are definitely getting some wind, but I don't think it's anywhere close to 'cRaZy.'

Thanks for the Sackville update.