Sunday, February 26, 2012

Kind of like solitary

For the past few days I have been spending most of my time indoors.  More specifically, I have been spending most of my time sitting at my desk trying to get some work done.  The upside of this turn of events is that I have managed to get some work done.  The downside is that I haven't really moved much and I am beginning to think I know kind of what it's like on the "inside."

Of course my recently sedentary existence is nothing like imprisonment, but sometimes it's hard to control a daydream. 

This afternoon I convinced myself that even if my voluntary confinement wasn't quite as rough as solitary that I would probably we well served by a trip outside.

After heading downtown and picking up a coffee I decided to go for a quick walk along the dykes.  Of course it only took me a few hundred feet to realize that these elevated and exposed dykes were not a good place for a walk on a cool and windy day.


Of course the photos I took do the miserableness of the conditions no justice.

After aborted dyke walk I decided to try a quick drive through Gaspereau, a community/valley near Wolfville.


Fortunately for me Gaspereau almost always seems to be at its best, and today was no different.

If you have a chance Gaspereau really is worth a visit.  In the summer when the orchards, vineyards, and farms are in full swing it's hard to believe that you are the only one on the roads that it isn't swamped with tourists bussing past the scenery.

Cameron: 39
Neil: 0

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Both pictures are beautiful.