Thursday, April 02, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 298

-According to Environment Canada it was 9 degrees above zero at times today, though it certainly didn't feel that warm in downtown Halifax. If my sense of the temperature was correct this may be one of the few times I have experienced lower temperatures in town than at the airport.

-I am now 2/18 in this year's Roll Up the Rim to Win contest. Almost after snagging a free coffee on Tuesday I re-invested my winnings in a losing cup, and have subsequently entered a three cup losing streak.

-As you can see, the corn has now been chopped down and not yet replaced. At the moment I don't know what I should plant to replace the corn. I kind of think that something rather vertical, like more corn, would be good, though I would rather have a larger pot for corn. Anyway, surely within the next few days I will have come up with something to plant in the pot recently vacated by the corn.



-As I have previously mentioned, I am finding it very difficult to take pictures of the scarlet runner beans in my bedroom. While this shot shows some of the growth, I don't think it does the plants justice. Hopefully I will be able to figure something out in the coming days, though I am not particularly hopeful given the space I have to work with and the unfortunate location of a few walls.

I should also note that it seems that the plants aren't growing as quickly as those in the living room did. I find this a little strange as the pot is larger than any of those that I used in the living room. Maybe scarlet runner beans actually like to be pot bound much more than I originally imagined. If this is the case I might expect growth to speed up as the root structure develops, so I guess I should start seeing changes any day now.



-None of us made it to the Ice Castles filming session at St. Mary's University today. Last night Neil and I both realized that we both had MSU hats that we could have worn to add a touch of realism to the session. Hopefully a few dedicated Spartan fans were present in dressed in green and white.

-Normally we don't get all that many phone calls, so that I had to field five calls was rather anomalous. I feel that I sometimes can go at least a week without having a real phone conversation, so I really wasn't mentally prepared for such phone activity.

No comments: