Thursday, April 30, 2009

More bad news on the Swine Flu front

It seems that CBC is now reporting that another 4 cases of Swine Flu have been confirmed in Nova Scotia. Not surprisingly it seems that these are related to the original four cases.

I was just beginning to think that maybe Nova Scotia would luck out and the outbreak would be limited to the original four cases, but I guess this was not to be. Hopefully the early knowledge and subsequent precautions will allow this second outbreak to be contained. Now that I think about it, I don't really know when it is that people with Swine Flu are contagious.

On a related note, Mary (through somewhat passive means) brought my attention to this map, which seems to show reported instances of Swine Flu. If I get around to it later today it would be neat to find an equivalent map from the WHO, or a similar body.

No comments: