Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Few Quick Notes 308

-Today has been pretty nice so far, though at various time during the day the forecast was calling for rain. At the moment, it is supposed to be overcast, though the sky seems pretty clear and blue to me. I guess this is what you get if the weather station is at the airport (which is out of town) and you live downtown. Anyway, I guess I shouldn't really be complaining.

-For the most part yesterday was beautiful, which made the thunder, lightening, and rain that appeared suddenly last night all the more surprising. At first Neil and I weren't sure if the flash was saw was a large camera flash, or lightening. The thunder clap several seconds later confirmed our suspicion that it was lightening. A few minutes later we had a little rain.

-Yesterday Neil and I helped a friend of mine move from our neighbourhood to the north end. Aside from the fact that the apartment we were moving out of was on the third floor of a building without elevators, and that the apartment we were moving into was on the second floor of a house, the move was relatively smooth and painless. Unlike other friends I have helped move, this couple had basically everything ready to go when Neil and I showed up. All we had to do was move the large items from the apartment to the truck, and then from the truck to the apartment.

When we had finished unloading the truck and were ready to return it we found that it would not start, even with the assistance of jumper cables and another truck's battery. The upside of this was that the rental company sent a tow-truck and eventually ended up towing the truck. Not only did this save everyone on our side of things a fair bit of time, they should also have a significantly lower rental bill (if they even have a rental bill).

-I decided to make another batch of bread today. At the moment it is in the fridge rising. I need things to slow down so that I won't need to bake it until after dinner.

-We will be having pot roast (beef) for dinner tonight. It turns out that the cut of meat that I bought yesterday is much bigger than I thought it was, which is great

No comments: