Saturday, April 11, 2009

Let the Bunny Massacre Begin

At some point yesterday Neil and I realized that we still had not put all that much thought into who would be baking the Easter bread, and when the baking might take place. In the end I rather aggressively volunteered to bake the bread while Neil and Rebecca went to the grocery store.

Before too long the bread had risen for the first time and was ready to be punched down. I was particularly impressed with how nice the risen dough looked before it was deflated.



After the dough was deflated/degassed, I rolled hunks of the dough so that I could create the bunnies. In total I made 18 bunnies. I am quite shocked that I ended up with exactly two pans worth even though I didn't really take the time to divide the dough before starting.



I was a little surprised at how long they took to bake. Given their size I would have imagined that it would have taken much less time than it did.



Obviously we were a little short on counter space for cooling.



Neil tapped into the goods while they were still steaming, thus commencing the bunny massacre, which will presumably continue until at least tomorrow. If things go as Rebecca wants them to, some of these may be iced at some point. at the moment, I think this is most likely to occur at some point tomorrow morning before breakfast, though we haven't really planned that far ahead.



In other easter related news, I finally got my act together and made myself an Easter basket (as I have been promised a visit from the Easter bunny). I impressed myself by making the basket almost entirely from recycled materials.



Also, as you can see, mine is the only one with kitties.

No comments: