Sunday, April 26, 2009

New growth and more

I guess I have been a little distracted these past few days so I haven't had a chance to document the continuing growth of some of my plants.

Not surprisingly, given that we are in the midst of spring, most of the plants are continuing to grow quite nicely.



Unfortunately, it seems that one of the bean plants (the plants to the right of the photo) seems to be approaching death. This surprises me as it seemed to be doing quite well these past few weeks. Maybe it has just reached the end of its life-cycle.

The scarlet runner beans seem to have really come into their own in the past few days. Not only are the original shoots growing more quickly than they have since they were planted, but some of the plants have sprouted new shoots that are also growing quite quickly. Interestingly, I still see now signs of flowers.



A few scarlet runner beans that I planted in the living room a few days ago had to be removed today. It seems that the spider mite problem that I had a few weeks ago is still present. The spider mites moved onto these plants quite quickly and were able to inflict damage just as quickly. Hopefully I will be able to find a way to control this problem in the very near future. I guess I might have to move up to a more potent pesticide and maybe disassemble and was the shelving unit.

No comments: