Sunday, March 07, 2010

Brier Attire

Since my last post I have been wondering what I should wear to an event like the Brier.

As it is artificially chilled and I will be sitting for period of time I imagine pants, rather than shorts, will be what I want to wear from the waist down.

More complicated is the torso/upper body. While the sun will set as I am out I will probably need to bring a somewhat warm jacket. Though I wonder if it will be cold enough for me to wear this the entire time? Or will I want to take it off and wear a sweater with a shirt? Will this make me to warm on the walk there?

The other thing that I have been thinking about is whether I should wear something that might indicate my association with Newfoundland. Unfortunately, most of the items of clothing that I have that would demonstrate such an association are tee shirts (which might be a little hard to publicly display in a chilled stadium). A further problem is that most of the tee shirts that I have that might indicate 'Newfoundland' to some people would likely only have such connotations for people very familiar with Newfoundland. Presumably most people wouldn't really know that my Dominion Ale or 'I [club] baby seals' shirts would be intended to be statements of support for a particular team.

My thought at the moment is that I might try to wear one of these shirts, but in association with a cardigan and my winter jacket. If it is warm enough I would then be able to open my sweater and display my obscure reference to Newfoundland to those in attendance.

I can't believe that I have spent so much time thinking about this, and then that I took the time to outline my thoughts in writing. One might get the impression that I don't have hundreds of pages of reading to do in the coming weeks.

No comments: