Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 413

-Today was marked by period of intermittent rain. When it wasn't raining it was grey and felt as though it was getting ready to rain. I guess it is a good thing that I didn't have much to do outside today.

-Sad news in Halifax. It seems that after a four-year run, Bubbles Mansion has closed. While I kept meaning to go, somehow I never quite managed get through the doors (though I did at least make it to the doors on one occasion). In honour of this establishment's passing I will re-post a video from a Bubbles Mansion shopping cart race that Rebecca, Neil, my mother, and I stumbled upon about a year and a half ago.



[Embedded Video]

-Today I decided to pick up another case of 8 2 liter bottles of club soda. I am thinking that I may try and snag another 8 bottles tomorrow.

-As predicted, I did some laundry today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is carrying the water home part of your fitness activity?

Jessica said...

Nooooo, I never made it to Bubbles' Mansion! Argh! I never made it to the Thirsty Duck either. I guess these bars weren't that awesome if they couldn't keep the establishments in business, but still... I'm saddened by the fact that I shall never drink my sorrows away in a bar owned by one of the Trailer Park Boys.

Cameron said...

The water carrying actually somewhat impedes my fitness regime as I lose some of my day's capacity to do chin-ups because of the weight of the water.

Bubba Ray's is still open and, as far as I know, still owned by Mike Smith, so your dream of drinking at a Trailer Park Boys owned establishment can stay alive.