Wednesday, March 03, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 403

-We seemed to have had a slight temperature drop, putting us back in the 0 to slightly below 0 range. Thus far this change hasn't really caused us any problems, and without snow or precipitation I don't expect it to anytime soon.

-I got some great news today. Jess has suggested that I compete for her (meaning that I compete for both of us) in this year's Roll Up the Rim contest while she is out of the country. I wholeheartedly accept this challenge as it will give me something to be playing for. This extra burden will give me that "baby needs new shoes" motivation that should allow me to take my game to the next level and really pump up my win rate. So far this seem to be working as I am now 1/2 (there will be a free 'donut' coming my way in the near future).

-I have so much work to do that I don't even know where to start (though now that I have spent a little more time thinking about this problem I think I will probably be able to come up with a starting point in the near future).

-Not only do I have school work to do tonight, I should probably also try to do some laundry.

-A few day's ago I made my first visit to the Saint Mary's University library, it was great. Not only do they have plenty of light, the books were where they were supposed to be on the shelves, and the staff (at least at the circulation desk were friendly). Maybe my favourite aspect of the library, aside from how it looks, was that most of the public access computers weren't in the library proper but in an atrium area just next to the library (meaning that the first floor of the library isn't flooded with people just checking their email and preventing people from accessing the library catalogue as so frequently happens when the computers are placed inside the library).

-The reason for the trip to the aforementioned library was to pick up About a Boy by Nick Hornby, which I then read that night. Presently I am reading Fever Pitch by the same author (which has the unique distinction of being the only work of Nick Hornby's that I have read that I haven't read in a 24 hour period).

-We already have almost half as many post as we did in all of 2007. I am not sure what to make of this.

-I guess I really should try to get to work, I really can't afford to write tonight off.

1 comment:

Donald said...

0 in 4 for Big Donnie on the Roll up the win front. I was thinking, if one wanted to test for one's knowledge of Canadiana, one could show a photo of a rim unrolling device and see who could identify it.