Friday, March 19, 2010

A Few Quick Notes 410

-Today was another beautiful day in Halifax. Unfortunately, I didn't end up leaving the apartment until the temperature was about 7 or 8 degrees below today's high.

-After a few years of neglect I finally got around too looking into the service we use to distribute our post via email. It seems that since the last time I looked into things Feedburner was acquired by Google and is thus now a Google service. The big news is that I have changed the feed from being a Feedburner feed to a Google feed. In theory the transition should be seamless for those who receive the daily email updates and who have used readers to subscribe to the feed, but if things do not go as smoothly as planned it would be great it someone would let me know.

-This evening I made a trip to the grocery store just a few minutes before it was schedule to close. While there, among other things, I picked up some carrots, celery, and more discount diet passionfruit pop. Shortly after returning home I peeled and cut into sticks 3 pounds of carrots (I have subsequently consumed two bowls of carrot sticks). I have also managed to consume a number of cans of passionfruit pop.

-In about 2000, while I was living in New York, I developed a taste for Oreo cookies. I started going through packages of Oreos quite quickly. This course of events took me by surprise as I had never really liked Oreos as a child, actually I was grossed out by the idea of all sandwich cookies that weren't Fudgeos. Almost as soon as I left New York that December my infatuation with Oreos ended.

A few days ago I noticed that on of the grocery stores had Oreos on sale for about half price. This was a low enough price for me to see if I could either re-kindle my relationship with the product or determine if I had really just had nothing more than a brief dalliance with the cookie almost a decade ago. I think it turns out it was the latter. Now that I have had a few I can safely say that they really don't do anything for me. If it wasn't for the fact that I have about 80% of a package left I think that I would probably feel quite comfortable if I never ate another in my life (actually that may not be true, I am somewhat curious to know whether or not American Oreos are different and whether or not they are better than Canadian Oreos).

For those of you who are curious, Fudgeos are still my go-to sandwich cookie. The package I purchased with the Oreos was consumed within just a few days of its purchase.

-We have our final Ultimate game of the season tomorrow.

-Wow, I really should get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

internet pharmacy with rogaine and provillusnexium pharmacy online

[url=http://www.bebo.com/buylevitraonline1]buy levitra online with fast delivery[/url]