Friday, March 12, 2010

She's gunning for me

So word on the street is that Kirsten has a PB of 8 full-fledged chin-ups. How did this happen? I had heard nothing about her continuing to work on this front. I presumed, wrongly, that my commanding lead had scared her away from even trying to go head-to-head with me on the chin-up front.

Anyway, this was a bit of a wake-up call. Kirsten being at 8 meant that she was only one away from my PB of 9. As it is known that I am not particularly keen on the idea of my younger sister being able to do more chin-ups than I can, this result put me in something of an awkward position. This was definitely a little too close for comfort.

Fortunately this news provided the necessary motivation for me to head over to the chin-up bar and crank out 10 chin-ups. While this puts a little more room between us, I don't think it is enough for me to let my guard down (as happened over the past few weeks).

Both of us are just lucking that we are residing away from each other, otherwise the temptation to pull a Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan on the other might just be a little too strong.

2 comments:

Donald McKay said...

And I can confirm that these are 'proper' chin ups. My PB remains at 4, and for the past few days, I can only crank out 3. On the TDL contest, I am 0 for 9.

Cameron said...

These are certainly proper chin-ups, I stopped reporting the half-assed variety weeks ago.