Monday, March 22, 2010

That Was Unexpected

Big news in my podcasting world (which is admittedly a pretty small world)

Just a few minutes ago I learned that a few of my favourite podcasts will now fall somewhat under the same banner/distribution network. (While giving shout outs or recommendations I might as well also mention a few of my favourite independently produced podcasts: The Moth (maybe this one doesn't count as independently produced anymore), The 40 Year Old Boy, and The Tobolowsky Files.)

The details are that the independently produced Stop Podcasting Yourself, hosted by Dave Shumka and Graham Clark, will now somehow fall under the Maximumfun.org banner and thus be associated with The Sound of Young America and Jordan, Jesse, Go!

It seems that the general idea is to bring additional content to the MaxFun realm and provide Stop Podcasting Yourself with a larger audience (and maybe access to the MaxFun fundraising machine?).

As a fan of all involved I really hope this works out for everyone and leads to a fruitful partnership.

No comments: